Video Highlights: News
There’s no shortage of compelling stories being shared on Instagram, and we encourage news organizations to tap into the conversation. Here are three ways news organizations are already using video on Instagram:
Instagram allows you to tap into 130M monthly active users and see the world as they see it on the ground, in real-time.
- CNN’s community journalism platform @CNNiReport invited users to share first day of summer videos by tagging #cnnireport
- Late Night’s @jimmyfallon invited his followers to share and tag videos #fallon15 so they could be part of the show
TAKING US WHERE THE ACTION IS
Your cameras and journalists have access to places and parts of the world few get to experience. Video provides a powerful way of giving your followers access behind the scenes or a glimpse into the action as it happens.
- CNN producer @ericweisbrod interviewed same-sex marriage supporters waiting outside the Supreme Court for this morning’s decision
- @CNN welcomed Instagram to the world of video and took users inside a DC control room
- @nbcnewscrew shared video of a sunrise in Ecuador
SHARING BREAKING NEWS
Instagram has always been a place where compelling visual stories are shared with the world, and we’ve seen powerful examples of real-time reporting during major news events - such as the devastating Moore, Oklahoma tornado and the meteor over Chelyabinsk, Russia . Now we are seeing examples of news in video, both from journalists and the broader Instagram community.
- @bakerbk captured the moment as news of the DOMA decision rippled through the crowd outside the Supreme Court today
- Photojournalist @edouphoto shared video of protesters running from tear gas during clashes with Turkish police in Istanbul
- Instagrammers have documented skirmishes with police in Istiklal Caddesi and peaceful demonstrations in Taksim Square